We are excited to announce the upcoming release of Wiz WordPress theme version: 4.0 which has been built from the ground up to offer incomparable performance along with e set of customization features that will help you build any website you need with no need to learn to code.
The update will come within a few weeks and we wanted to give you an early heads up to make sure you are aware of that ad ready for it.
If you are currently using Wiz theme on your website(s) please don’t update to Wiz 4.0 before reading this article carefully this is a major update and your website may become not usable if you didn’t follow the step-by-step guide below.
Do Back up of your website:
- back up of your website’s database.
- back up of your html files/folder that will ensure you’re able to restore to working point in your site, click here to see how you can do this.
Turn off Caching:
Deactivate the caching plugin to make sure you don’t cache maintenance pages while updating and the plugin isn’t interfering in the update process.
Check your server limits:
It’s also very important that you check your server limits according to wiz theme required minimums for the update/theme install.
Read our Requirements for Wiz4 doc for more information.
Also Make sure WordPress is up to date before updating and
Please follow the steps below to create Access token to update wiz automatically :
Generate an Envato API Personal Token by clicking this link.
Name the token eg “My WordPress site”.
Ensure the following permissions are enabled:
- View and search Envato sites
- Download your purchased items
- List purchases you’ve made
Copy the token into the Envato Market button.
Product is activated
- Using the latest version of WordPress.
- PHP version 7.3 or higher. (Note: Wiz 4+ is compatible with PHP 8.0)
- MySQL version 5.6 or higher (MariaDB version 10.1+).
- HTTPS support.
- max_execution_time 180
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
Wiz Update Wizard
- Add you Access token to continue wiz wizard process.
- Update leap port plugin.
- Install Required plugin which is Wiz addons.
- Install/Update wiz bundled plugins depends on your page builder (Elementor plugin or Wp bakery )
- Migrate Wiz3 theme options to Wiz4 customizer options.
- Widget Positions.
- Social counter widget.
- Sharing buttons.
If you have any questions about the update please don’t hesitate to open a ticket and we will be glad to answer you.